Sunday, March 27, 2011

A few more tidbits about the book

The draft manuscript was completed on November 25, 2010, at 120K words and just in time to fly out to Phoenix to attend Roger Waters’ performance of “The Wall,” which incidentally was just amazing beyond words.  Ironically, the easiest part of the book project was writing the draft manuscript.  There is so much work (and cost) in publishing a book, I can hardly believe it.  Contemplating and overcoming the deep mysteries of the universe seemed like nothing compared to dealing with the publishing industry.

The book is now down to the relatively svelte count of 110K words and it should contain somewhere around 280 pages in the soft cover format I chose.  I crafted the content so it could be enjoyed by the general reader as well as the more sophisticated physicist.  I tried to write the book in a lively, engaging style with lots of entertaining thought experiments.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and impressions once you’ve read the book through from cover to cover.  That is, of course, so long as you’re in the group of open-minded readers and scientists who don’t become indignant at the prospect that today’s science may be flawed and/or incomplete.  I know I will look forward to the lively discussion that will likely ensue either way.
Simply follow the link to the book’s Facebook page to get a free copy of the eBook.  You’ll be able to download the book as soon as it is released.

I wanted to give you, the readers of my blog, a head start on the free copies of the eBook.  My team is planning some events starting in a few weeks to drive readers to gobble up the 1,000 free copies of the eBook that I’ve decided to give away.

Click here for your copy: LIKE my Facebook page & get a free copy of the eBook!

I eagerly await your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment